Congratulations! If you're reading this then you've made the decision to rent out your home... and there is no better agency to help you than Ashby Partners!
We have years of connecting people with property and we are ready to help you achieve the best outcome.
Fill out the form on this page and our Leasing Director, Braedan Kidd, will be in contact to see if we're the right fit for you.
Braedan's Pro Tips:
Hiring a property manager can make or break your property investment journey. Poor management can directly affect your rental return, tenant retention and overall upkeep of the property. Find a manager who isn't afraid to report maintenance to you, to suggest price increases (or tell you if you're a little optimistic!), and isn't afraid to enforce the terms and conditions of the lease with confidence to the tenants.
- Great presentation of the home leads to great tenants. Make sure the agent you engage is displaying the property in the very best light!
- If you're local, attend a sneaky open home of the agent you're looking to employ to see how they handle tenants and how they show the property (are they friendly and personable, do they open the house up and switch the lights on? etc)
- A stitch in time saves nine: My mum's favourite proverb. This applies directly to property maintenance. Being proactive with preventative maintenance can reduce unnecessary headaches down the track.
- Tenants are generally happy to pay a little more rent if they have the security of working with a proactive agency that they trust will listen and respond to their concerns promptly.
- Ensure the property manager you engage has a firm understanding of the market and how to interpret rental trends. This protects the ongoing pricing integrity of your home.
- If your home has an extravagant garden, talk to your property manager about factoring a regular, or semi-regular gardener into the lease to ensure you don't lose the kerb appeal over time.
- In today's technology-based world, geography plays less of a role in agent selection than ever before. If the agent is within a 30-minute drive and has a knowledge of the local market; they're worth interviewing!